PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air Discrimination
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2011, 06:53
555orange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any respect I might have had for Korea and other Asian countries is gone.

Labor law around the world prohibits temp time limited contracts for full time professional type work. Including Korea. Time limited contracts are reserved for cyclical seasonal business and project related work. Even then there are limits to what can be specified. Or else, any employer can take advantage of these time limited employments to release themselves of the financial commitments of long term employment such as pensions and wage increases over time and severance pay. Just think how much money a company could save and the competitive advantage it could achieve!!! Wow… this is what is at the forfront of the Asian mentality.

The Koreans (and other Asian companies) allege that the expats have a higher salary therefore it justifies the temp nature of the employment, and even though the courts and gov’t know its not on the level, they turn a blind shoulder. Sorry but this would never happen in western society. However at closer look the overall compensation is not so different. Locals earn bonuses etc. However even at the govt or court level they are corrupt. If its not going to become a visual item for the world to see, then they will protect the company and not the rights of the individual. It’s a disgusting double standard. Want to be on the world stage…part of United Nations… be treated equally…but reciprocity does not exist. Practice what you preach Asia.

The whole reason these contracts exist for us is because at a basic level we are not welcome, we are not treated as equals. They do not want us in their society. Where I come from you have to have landed immigration status before you are allowed to work. Where I come from Koreans and all ethnicities are welcome into society and thrive. But its not so in reverse. Why?

Taiwan is even worse. That is why Taiwan should never be allowed to be part of the UN.

Shame on the Koreans for sacrificing their young to save a buck.

As my Korean friends father says….shame.. SHAME….