PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is pilot job market picking up at all??
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2011, 06:25
cefey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KAG
if you read my post once more, you'll find out, I used 10.000-20.000 and 100.000 from the start.
And guardian and wikipedia is very reliable source. Like most reliable of all you could find.

As I said earlier. Put operation on hold for couple of months, stop hiring pilots - on thing.
Companies going bankrupt, firing people, very experienced pilots can get a job, and it stay this way for 3 years - totally different.

2 easy questions:
1. If there was none high oil price, but there was global crisis, would aviation still be as bad as it is today? (answer is yes btw).

2. If there was high oil-prices for a while, but none global crisis, would situation be as bad as it is today? (answer is no, not even close).

And you can argue and trying to prove your self as much as you want. Did high oil prices had influence on aviation? Yes.
Was it high oil prices that killed aviation for 3 years? No, that was global crisis. And THATS IT.
cheers matey

stuckgear
Take a look at jobs, there IS companies looking for people with low hours. And I, my self, do know people getting into cockpit after CFI and working in Africa.