PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Olympic restrictions 2012
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2011, 05:52
BH06L3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sure security will be very tight in the air and ground. I had to get a driving pass just to enter my neighbourhood by car and drive around town. And people not from the area where blocked from driving. And those of you who think a casual call for a flight plan a couple hours before a flight will work, I doubt it. Also any aircraft that does not have a flight plan i am sure will get intercepted well before it enters the restricted zone. Any Aircraft and passengers entering or leaving the zone will need to have been security screened the same as any major airport no mater where the flight originated. This is of course all speculation from the last winter games but I doubt things in the future summer games will be much different. The little guys should get together and be apart of the committee or figure some way to fight for some sort of compensation because you probably will be affected somehow.

Heres a little info on the airspace for the last games in Vancouver/Whistler landing fees where somewhere around $400-$600 at the tiny local Heliport. And i believe flight plan had to be approved 48 hours in advance determined by individual transponder codes for each flight. Whistler Heliport - 2010 Olympic Fees http://www.faa.gov/news/media/vancouvertfr.pdf