PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATSB rubbish single pilot IFR experience when it comes to being an airline pilot.
Old 11th Mar 2011, 23:29
RENURPP

Received 33 Likes on 8 Posts
Systematic problems I believe lined up most of the holes in this piece of cheese.
This guy had been with the company for well over 12 years.
He had flown 4 different multi crew aircraft types within this company. 2 x jet types.
He joined the company understanding (i.e. he understood, I don't know) that the company would provide ICUS and all that was needed to progress him. They did provide a CIR for him on initial employment, from then on there was no assistance from above to progress, in fact the opposite even though most of his checks indicated he was satisfactory.
This was how the check and no training system worked in this company back then. (Thankfully all three at the top of that tree have either been removed or moved on by choice)
This guy ended up taking LWOP pay and ALV/LSL to obtain some fairly useless hours in the scheme of things
If there had been a robust check and training system in place, he should have either been trained to a satisfactory standard, OR if not satisfactory moved on!

He was/is a product of a Check Up No Training System that was full of holes.

Last edited by RENURPP; 13th Mar 2011 at 08:13.