PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This happened yesterday in Guatemala
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2002, 16:58
Flare Dammit!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steve76:
Man FD you really have a hard on for this one.
Steve, you are G*ddam right about that! I'd say I was speechless if the opposite wasn't so obvious. I've got three lawyers in my family. A long time ago, after witnessing the crash of a sightseeing helicopter which happened to be caught on videotape and shown on the telly, one of my lawyer sisters said, quite seriously, "Maybe the government should not allow helicopter sightseeing flights." I was, like, WHAT?! But it gave me some insight as to how non-aviators think. And you know what? You get enough non-aviators who think like my lawyer-sister (who has a pilot in the family, fer Chrissake!) and suddenly we start seeing more and more regulation.

What we need are less pilots like Rockin' ***. Just because he has umpteen thousand hours and a pocket full o'ratings does not automatically make what he does smart or safe. In fact, the evidence is quite to the contrary.

Finally, you're darn right that I hope I never find myself in such a circumstance as *****. I work very, very hard to make sure I don't. I only fervently wish he did. I don't know how he's going to live with himself now.

Last edited by PedalStop; 11th Sep 2002 at 21:35.