PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2011, 18:00
dublindispatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OMG some stories just wont do the decent thing and die a slow dignified death!!! Its that old AI story yet again!! See last line of story!!! Does that mix STILL include DUB?

Birmingham Airport boss Paul Kehoe has said that he is hopeful that direct flights between Birmingham and India will be resurrected this year, the Birmingham Mail reports. Thousands of passengers who used the route between the city and Amritsar to visit friends and family were left disappointed when Air India scrapped the link in 2008.
Other airlines have introduced flights that connect to India via Vienna, Dubai and Turkmenistan, but Mr Kehoe said talks are ongoing to bring the direct connection back. He said the airport is among the contenders to become Air India’s new hub for European flights. A decision is expected later this year.
He told the newspaper: ‘We have been speaking to the airline through our worst recession and that is encouraging. The flights to Amritsar stopped on the day I joined the airport because Air India was keen to protect its flight slots at Heathrow – it was not due to demand. I am keen to bring them back and I think a lot of people in Birmingham and places like Leicester would be very pleased. Air India is keen to move its European hub and we are in the mix to pick that up.'