PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL Leipzig Interview
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2011, 13:27
P-T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LEJ Contractair Commute

Just to fill in a few guys on the reality of the contract with Contractair at DHL.

The contract itself is not a bad one, the pay is good and as many have said, your roster will change inside your block of working days (but then again who cares if they sleep in a hotel in Lyon or Casablanca?)

The commute is manageable as many guys do it on a daily basis. However, the jump seat to and from LEJ is completely on your own doing and there are no guaranteed jump seats. Until that door closes and you've pushed off stand you could in theory be asked to disembark. It hasn't happened to me but it is a possibility. Contractair do not provide jumpseats or accommodation at LEJ, that is at your own cost. Having said that I've only had to stay in a Hotel in LEJ for 1 night since Christmas.

The roster is published approx a month in hand (i.e. you'd get April's Roster at the start of March). I was told there would be a fixed roster 5 on 4 off, but this isn't the case. There is a plan to give 9 on and 5 off (with the first and last of the 9 on being rest days, so effectively 7 on 7 off) but that would mean a single day off in the middle at LEJ more than likely a weekend.

A many have said, it's a good job, interesting flying, good colleagues and the company is probably one of the most stable/profitable out there. There is a rumor of the 767 being offered to LEJ based crews who have the required hours and have done over 12 months at the company.

As far as the EAT Airbus issue is concerned, I've heard from a few "Office Workers" that there seems to be a great deal of A300's in Dresden form an Asian Carrier that they are seriously looking into converting into Freighters and bringing on the books. No hard set plans but I do now that there have been a few visits from LEJ to Dresden to have a look at the aircraft. Not heard anything about the A320.

I'm currently on my last rotation at DHL and I'm leaving next week, so that should be another vacancy in the RHS. I know of a fair few going to BA, TCX and Jet2 from the RHS therefore leaving vacancies.

Feel free to PM me if you need any info. good luck