PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 11th Mar 2011, 09:46
magicmick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Tabu

First of all sincere cogratulations on getting in with RYR, I suppose our different experiences show how much the market changed and how quickly it changed. In 2007 I was going through my modular training and the employment chances looked reasonable, I had looked at the integrated flying schools and they were boasting graduate employment statistics of 90% or more and many of the modular trained ppl instructors at the school I was training with were picked up by the airlines with TRs paid by the company. This might explain that when you did assessment there were no integrated guys present as they had all been sent of to employment heaven where training is financed by the company.

I finished my MCC in May 2008 and by the end of that year when I went to RYR pretty much all other employment had ceased, zoom and XL had gone bust along with many smaller operators and the market was contracting rapidly.

Just bad timing on my part really, I don't think that we will ever see again the recruitment activity that we saw in 2005/ 2006/ 2007 but hopefully things will pick up and maybe RYR assessments these days don't have so many OAA grads.

Stay safe and all the best.