PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exodus from Skippers (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2011, 05:42
Captain Biggles84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Hat

Whilst i can see the point you are making, and for the most of it i would like to think that this is the case in my current place of work. However, I still think you missing the key reason in me pointing out these muppets and MC the massive thief.

Fast Track was set up with the support of MC and various other Skippers employees. It takes money off these idiots (or mummy and daddy ) and whilst it does their training in a timely manner they then somehow get an interview with Skippers.... Give me a break. They get an interview cos the chief and his cronies help set the company up. Skippers then offers them a cadetship and they pay up $55K for a Dash or Braz endo plus extra IFR training (this is ontop of CPL costs!!!). Forgive me for puking in my lounge room. So your are telling me that your're 15 or so years in GA is worth not getting a shot at a chance to progress onto a multi crew turbine from GA all because their numbers are filled because MC likes a bit of extra money on the side.
These muppets have every resource (internet/other pilots etc) available to research and find out the career path a pilot can go down. Because this ( Fast Track) is the easiest option as it saves them from entering the real world, slogging a living in the bush earning hours, gaining invaluable command time and life experience in general. ("its all too hard I choose Fast Track yeah!!) It's very hard leaving mummy and daddy and the big smoke.

So back to my point. Your 15 years in GA is invaluable. But now you have to slot in behind these kids as an F/O and and listen to their BS about their take on life as a "pilot".. again i just spewed in my lounge room.

Also two of the "You Tube" winners were employed up North for all of 2 seconds and life got a bit to tough. So some how decided to use a lazy $55k that was lying around and take away positions from people that have spent quality time up in places like Broome, Kunners, Derby, Halls Creek, Darwin, Maningrida, Alice, Cairns, Horn.. the list goes on. But now everyone may as well tuck in for another year of slogging cos MC needed an extra patio out the back and some people have a lazy $55K lying around and don't like wet season weather

And people wonder why we are having a senate enquiry....