PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guns in Cockpit (Various)
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2002, 13:59
Blue & White

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can see your point. It didn't happen over here, so we don't need guns. For us, it did happen over here. We're the ones seeing the children attending events all over the country with only ONE parent. Mothers and fathers talking about their lost sons and daughters. And let's not forget the countless young couples that lost their partners just as their lives were beginning.

Yes, there probably will be someone that needs mental help that breaks down the cockpit door and pays the ultimate price. On the other hand, there will be those insane terrorists that sit quitely in their seats (on our airplanes) just waiting to make that connection to travel overseas. Enroute overseas is where they'll do their dirty work...........because the foreign carrier's doors won't be protected. They know for certain, that foreign carriers are way too civilized to need a weapon.
For your sake, I hope you have passengers on board similiar to United flight 93. Because I'm sure, your pilots will have their heads stuck in the sand................That is, if their heads are still attached.