PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATSB rubbish single pilot IFR experience when it comes to being an airline pilot.
Old 10th Mar 2011, 23:30
Capn Bloggs

Received 77 Likes on 45 Posts
I'm going with Centaurus. Another cheap shot from the ATSB. Despite making such a claim/hypothesis/allegation, it provides no justification or reasons as evidence in the report.

From what I can glean from the report, there aren't any significant CRM /Multi-crew issues or deficiencies here, especially those which could have been caused by the Captain's recent flying experience. From what was written, it sounds like the approach was pretty standard from a CRM point of view. There certainly weren't any one-man-bands, yelling and screaming, ignored support calls or mixed-up crew duties.

As for who I'd rather have in the right hand seat, give me a 1500hr GA troop over an MPL any day.

And as for the 717 stick shaker, it has been said, half tongue-in-cheek, that in the same situation, you'd have to pull 4g in a real Boeing to get the SS. The 717's SS is a sensitive beast.

Oh and another point; the ATSB obviously has no idea about flying jets in the circuit. One generally does not do square base legs. To claim that the crew didn't "conform" with the ATC clearance is pretty rich, especially given the track, as shown on the map, is near enough to a base join anyway.

I also don't see the point in mentioning the other stick-shake events, especially the three that were system failures. They have absolutely no relevance to this incident. If the ATSB was trying to make a point, they missed the mark.

Last edited by Capn Bloggs; 11th Mar 2011 at 00:08.