PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IndiGo with more fake pilots
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2011, 21:38
Fly Zone TRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deliberate Extortion That May Lead To Fake Papers

@TopTup it's easy to avoid a VT reg flight while flying itnl I guess but what can your do while flying regional? That seems to be the bigger concern as of now since majority of pilots are recruited in the regional and domestic sectors.

Another thing which needs to be seen is that some of these kids may not have actually faked these hours. From what I heard years back from colleagues and candidates who had applied for their new CPLs at that time was that log books and papers were deliberately declared lost by the clerks and other work level officials in order to push the candidates into a corner with the fear of losing their currency (which would take more money to regain as they'd have to go back abroad to attain it) and extorting money out of them for issuing licenses.

When such a system prevails where even the honest are pushed to the edge and people are given the common belief that hard work and procedures don't matter as long as you can " Pay Up ", even those who have worked for it stop doing it, knowing that at the end it's only going to be the money that'll matter. And the incompetent of course are the first ones to grab an opportunity like this.

For all one might know, some of these kids may be of the lot whose papers "were lost" rather deliberately in order to make them pay up even though they might've completed their hours. (at least at an earlier stage of training)

But I also must say that from what I've heard Mr. Nasim Zaidi is actually one of the most honest officials in the aviation sector today with a prime agenda of cleaning up the system. Well I hope what they say is true and the Indian aviation sector ever sees the light of the day.