PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The ghost of RAF Chivenor
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2011, 20:40
BEagle

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts
jindabyne, I find it hard to believe that Dave R**me could ever screw up!

And the Arab who entered the barrier, legged it to the ante-room, read a paper and denied all knowledge.
I always thought that was a shaggy dog story, so am glad you've confirmed it as no-one would ever believe me!

Not sure about the pub in Barnacle; one of the guys on our course had been a junior doctor at Barnacle some years earlier, so took a couple of chums to one of his favourite watering holes of the day.....which turned out to have become a gay bar in his absence. Never were 3 beers drunk so quickly! We never forgave him.

The Thatched Barn at Croyde and the Williams Arms at Wrafton were our favoured venues. But there were so many others and it truly was Heaven in Devon!

Blunty - you've been writing that book of yours for years! But it'll be good when it's finally published. No doubt it will include your Canberra engine fire SOR -
Purpose Of Flight: Getting 3 hours for the boss's wall!
One of my most enjoyable trips was with you in the other jet when we did an hour of low level battle (as it was called back then) formation over the wilds of Devon - brilliant fun and for once I didn't f**k up!