PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Police helicopter budget cuts
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2011, 17:43
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Phil,

Clearly I am not worthy of replying to your post, however I think deep down you would expect me to.

The thing is Phil, I pay as much as you, possibly more, into the big pot that pays for these aircraft, but the difference is that I actually get to see their worth to the public. I'm surprised that you aren't complaining about our current military pilots giving it some with some of the real big boys toys paid for with your money. Surely there are more peaceful and cheaper ways of doing that job. Even more pilots getting paid to pilot, heaven forbid!

Single crewing is a big deal and if you kept up with the times, you would realise that what is now a rural force, will soon be required to work in an urban environment. For that reason, these rural units couldn't be put into simple helicopters.

Your comment about chasing yobbos playing chase me, continues the proof that you really haven't a clue about the role of a police helicopter.

As I said before, I don't want to go for a pi$$ing contest, but I'm sure many here remember the Chipmunk solo days..."Finals for slot 1, no 2, make that slot 4" or a LWNA letdown, used in anger, in a floppy!

A lot of plank pilots fly twin engine single pilot ops over distances that would make your job look like a weekend jolley.
Must be really difficult flying a long way in straight lines.

The invite to visit us is still open.