PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fixed-wing or Rotary career? (incl Changing licence to Rotary)
Old 10th Mar 2011, 12:55
Whirlygig

Hovering AND talking

Location: Propping up bars in the Lands of D H Lawrence and Bishop Bonner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clintonb, I'm not sure whether the full implications of what other people are telling you are sinking in or whether you are just selecting the replies you like but .....

Your log book will show the times at which you were flying and then it will be fairly obvious whether you flew at night. Secondly, an FAA CPL(H) will count for squat in Europa (and likely SA) so you would need to convert to a JAA licence.

Another thing i keep hearing this license is a license it doesn't matter where you did your training
I have no idea where you keep hearing this because it certainly isn't on Pprune. Unless you have the right to live and work in the US, an FAA licence is not much use to you. You will have to convert your licence to whichever country's regime you are entitled to live and work.

All your questions have been answered time and time again; please read all the replies and not just the ones you like.

There is no easy way into this business and if you think aeroplanes are expensive, try helicopters. Cost seems to be a major factor in your decisions so I suggest you start working out some budgets.

Cheers

Whirls