PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heston's Mission Impossible: BA's On Board Food
Old 10th Mar 2011, 12:08
pax britanica

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts
In past years I often found BA Y class entrees (mains for the antipodeans) better than the J class. Best illustrated a couple fo years back when outbound LHR to HK in Yplus had a simple but tasty dinner of chilli prawns and sticky rice , easy to chill and reheat. Returning, upgraded to J and had a 'signature dish' lovingly and inventively described in the menu and attributed to a well know celeb chef . The result was just a mush of cod and mashed potatoes like a fishcake without form or texture or taste.

To me the answer is keep it simple and Heston B has to be the complete opposite of that but no doubt suits the aspirations or pretentions of managers at 'Great British Airlines' (and those crew members who resemble the wonderful Penny (Walliams) of the same airline) .

The other point of view that occured to me reading an earlier post and remembering F/J food from years back is that those simple ingredients like steak and lobster are expensive so substitute style for substance with a 'menu personally researched and crafted by....' that uses cheap ingredients with a fancy name and which dont cook at all well within the confines and environement of an airliner galley.
PB