PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA Updates on EASA
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2011, 10:13
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is a very good point IO, and has prompted me to get my finger out and start the flying training, having completed the writtens last year.
Where did you do the exams and the flight training? Reply by email if you like

I was looking at GTS, and a location in Spain which someone recommended as supporting SE IR training, which is unusual.

I also never found anybody selling the computer revision ground school material - unless this is 100% identical to the ATPL version, but then I never found anybody whose product defined which 7 out of 14 to use.

I also heard, several years ago, that all jet-specific questions were removed from the ATPL syllabus, if one was doing just the PPL/IR. Is this true? If true then the exams cannot possibly be the same.

For somebody doing the exams, the 12-month timescale is not a bad idea because that is enough time to fail it 3 times and then you have to retake the lot anyway. But I was concerned about their eligibility towards flight training, if e.g. one is doing the flight training abroad. I am not doing the training in the UK - too much hassle with window screens (which AFAIK nobody has done for the TB20GT) and too much gold plating.

Last edited by IO540; 10th Mar 2011 at 10:31.