PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's good to talk - PLEASE !!!
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2002, 10:13
ojay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very interesting topic and one that concerns me.I very rarely post on pprune as I am tired of outspoken comments from (presumably) pimply youths expounding like Concorde captains.I work for a company that has recently started multiple rotations through CDG,as well as that well known ATC blackspot,NCE plus many overflights of la Belle France(no prizes for guessing).I am absolutely horrified at the potential and actual loss of situational awareness caused by rapid-fire French speaking on French ATC,the prize example of this is CDG.Now, I really like France,the wine,food etc.,and I am really sorry that English is the international r/t language,but this is the fact.I can personally get by in French and understand a lot of the ATC communication,but my one man campaign to reduce the level of French r/t is to say absolutely nothing in French.Not even bonjour,au revoir,bonne journee,directe Barlu merci,bon soir etc.Fellow ppruners who traverse French airspace may like to follow suit.121.5 on box 2 is just good airmanship.Merci.