Thread: Meloz and 89
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2002, 10:07
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Ahhh...another day on "standby" = another day on PPRuNe

ANFO - the "bad behaviour" from the non-scab side was done INDIVIDUALLY, was NOT in any way condoned by the AFAP - and as a matter of FACT was deplored by Brian McCarthy and the AFAP Executive! Nonetheless, pilots could see that their LIVELIHOODS ie. something that they had spent their entire LIFE working towards, was being THREATENED, and pilots = being of the nature they are - are not usually the type who will stand passively and inactively by, if they can see an alternative.
Similarly, pilots are (psychologically) averse to accepting a domineering, over-riding, authoritarian rule.

Personally I think (that) you over-dramatise matters by describing;
Another pilot at my company had a mix of dog sh!t and broken glass placed under the door handle of his car.
as
having his car booby trapped
So ANFO, being an experienced combatant at the time,

At the time , I was doing full contact sparing 3 nights/week;
..how did YOU come to put yourself in a position where you were in THE MIDDLE of what was an OBVIOUS "Hornets' Nest" = a picket line of protesting pilots. (I think I still have that sequence on a video tape, if it was the one at SYD airport, and I know who the guy [Hi Tom] was who tapped one of the "apparent" walk through scab pilots!).
You MUST have been aware of the "heat" at the time, and the OBVIOUS taunt that you, and the others, presented.
Methinks thou doth protest too loudly, ANFO!

Where's the flea powder?

BTW, "Congratulations on your successful (security) business", ANFO!