PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IndiGo with more fake pilots
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2011, 09:47
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a crack team in DGCA
There's the first oxymoron.

Industry sources say this kind of malpractice is unlikely to have happened without insider support.
There's another naive and ignorant comment.

a police probe may lead to their doorstep
Not really if you pay enough to keep them too at bay.

Pilot's Dad:
While I admire your desire it is greatly miscalculated I'm sorry to tell you. What of the many, many pilots who actually did pass the exams in the correct manner? The fact that some of these still haven't the minimal piloting skill to safely occupy a control seat in a heavy jet transport seems to go un-noticed. Will the cesspit of corruption also investigate the ritualized fraudulent line and sim checks / evaluations where countless pilots are passed as standard or satisfactory despite never completing the required profile to fly and pass? Or those who do fail are quickly and illegally placed back in the cockpit (first hand account of this)??

What we see here is a large movement not entirely governed to improve safety standards but coming from those who see this as a way to get a job. Self desire, not industry safety. (See the Sth East Asia forums to see the tone there). Not long ago a "wannnabe" posted how a pilot for AI or Jet had a serious car accident (or something of the like). His post was along the lines of how good it was that another job at that airline was now available.

Still, I trust things do progress and those employed as a direct result of corrupt and negligent means are identified and correctly punished. Then again we must also face realities. One's past is the greatest indicator of the one's future. Removing corruption from the DGCA and AI is like prescribing a lobotomy. It is so inherently part of the the entire system, airline airline culture and network that to remove it leaves an empty shell. (It would still be more productive).

So I say again: NEVER EVER fly as pax on a VT registered aircraft. How much evidence of abhorrent corruption does one need yet people still are willing to put their lives in jeopardy?