PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legalities on using a camera during take off and landing
Old 9th Mar 2011, 20:51
mingocr83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well.. is very unfortunate to find that hostile environment there. Last flight I made in CM, the crew was veeeery accesible with me regarding taking pics on board. I visited both galleys with crew getting the meals ready and stuff. The Senior CC gave me a tour on how the galley worked, how they stored the food there and stuff. He also made sure if I was capable on operating the emergency exit (my seat was on that row).

After a while I noticed there was a free Business class seat, I politely requested if I could take the seat... they said it was Ok and moved me there, they even took my camera bag from the bin and put it on the bin on top of my new seat.

I do agree with one of the comments made by one ppruner regarding letting them know if its possible to take pics on board. I made the request to the captain that was standing on the door when we were boarding.... he said it was ok with him and told the CC he agreed on that. The captain invited me to take some pics and videos about the cockpit preparations/preflight checks. The F/O was Costarrican so the environment was very favorable to me. The only thing they told me was "please do not take the radio scanner out"...