PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heston's Mission Impossible: BA's On Board Food
Old 9th Mar 2011, 17:30
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Angry

The worst news in a long time. How I hate these foodie people trying to make food 'interesting' and 'fascinating' and 'new' and 'fun' blah blah blah. So many restaurants these days ruin perfectly good food in this pathetic macho competition to see who can add the most ridiculous ingredients to a perfectly good plate of meat. Then they have to play with the food to make it look all arty on the plate and leave their fingerprints all over it as it goes cold.

Vegetables are no longer able to be gently cooked and presented but must have a glaze of this or a ganesh of that, not to mention a coulis or a drizzle. STOP THIS NONSENSE RIGHT NOW.

Serve regular, wholesome food without all this pretentious poppycock behaviour. Stop messing about with ordinary food. I am not going to like my airline more if it attempts to feed me food I cannot eat.

This is NOT the end of the rant. It will continue at any opportunity that this wretched obsession of being trendy and trying to make innovation where none is to be had. Good food, served quietly and sensibly, whilst still at the temperature it was intended to be at. Then a reasonable selection of wine and other beverages. It's not difficult - because they've been doing it for many years.