PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IndiGo with more fake pilots
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2011, 15:03
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
Seems like old habits/views /prejudices die hard.

Many years ago was idling way an evening listening to various LHR frequencies on my airband and heard PanAM 747 asked to call 'company'
What Pan Am Ops wanted to do was advise the crew of some scheduled changes and after detailing the plans for the FO and FE after their next stop they got onto telling the captian he would be returnign to New York on Air India XXX. To which he replied in best imperious PA captain tones I do not fly on Air India! The Ops officer misheard and repeated the instruction and got ina louder an even more emphatic toe Maam I do not fly on air India -yyou have to find me another route.

Two years later and my BA flight from JFK to London goes technical and the BA custoemr service rep informs me I am rebooked on.......Air India to London. Well I thought if ts not good enough for Pan Am skipper its not good enough for me so I made fuss -not much of one -and got tranfered to TWA instead. So the story gives its own age away but it seems that many years on people still have concerns about flying on Indian airlines.

I have to say that the faked licences and qualifications bit is really very scary, impersonating an airline pilot actually on the flight deck must be one of the harder deceptions to pull off surely?