PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar cadets grounded
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2011, 14:05
4dogs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Facts?

mcgrath50,

My copy of the contract states that the employer is Jetstar Airways Limited [NZBN: 1263469] and the job is as a Cadet Pilot.

This NZ incorporated company is a wholly owned ($2?) subsidiary of Mother Qantas, see:

View All Details

The burning question is: what are the contractual arrangements between the two wholly owned subsidiaries, one Australian and one Kiwi, that puts the cadets on the flight deck of Australian registered aircraft?

Did AFAP (as respondent to the Jetstar EBA) agree to the displacement of Jetstar Oz pilots or did nobody care because it only affects Jetstar Oz FOs?

There are several ways to achieve the result, all of which involve consultation with the pilot group, if Jetstar was of the corporate mind to engage with its staff. Given that AJ is a member of all the subsidiary boards and "the directing mind and will" of the wholly owned subsidiaries (all the other Directors are his employees!), that would mean that he was willing to engage with his staff...

And to declare my hand, I believe that the cadets need industrial representation because the egregious exploitation of their willingness to break into the game far outweighs their naivety into taking up the opportunity.

Stay Alive,