PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easa Flight Time Limitations Changes
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2011, 13:03
Sharky12t

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EASA Sub Part Q

Folks, this is VERY important,

I hate to sound like a head-teacher but every once in a while a rant is completely necessary.

For all BALPA members, visit the dedicated website at wakeup.balpa.org where you certainly wont need to trawl through 244 pages of information. The key points are summarised along with extensive guidance on what we can do about it. Granted it's not an easy process to comment but the hard work has been done by the BALPA guys/girls with scope for extra emphasis from individuals should we be so inclined, if not it's a cut and paste exercise.

For non BALPA members this is as good a reason as any to join. There's nothing to stop a non-unionised individual from registering to comment with EASA but without the sort of guidance we've received from BALPA the process is very daunting.

I'm sure as this thread progresses we'll be able to add detailed information about the changes we could all see to our working lives if these proposals are implemented in their current form. For now I'll wrap up by saying that this affects all crews regardless of type/airline across the EU, so get off you're arses and do something about it. I believe apathy in the pilot community is one of the contributing factors that has allowed P2F, and our deteriorating T's and C's to continue to be eroded to this day.

Rant over, normal service is resumed.