PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA.4
Thread: Nimrod MRA.4
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2011, 12:52
Stuffy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Confused

The Labour party seemed to have had a pretty loose grip on the project tiller. The MRA4 should have at least been operational a couple of years ago ?
£4.7 Billion spent, another 200 to scrap them. Tell Cameron and Osbourne that I know a nice drain where they can pour OUR money !
It defies any sort of logic. Common sense has been given up long ago.
Beware beancounters running the ship !

Some office clerk was whimpering that the electronics were out of date !
The thing with electronics is that in general, they get smaller. Has any body noticed what a modern smartphone can do ? I have an HTC Desire, the only thing it has trouble with is making a cup of tea, but give it time.

The Nimrod had a study, rugged airframe, even though an old design it had bomb doors. Very useful for dropping sonar bhoys and torpedoes.

It could also loiter on two engines.

The dangers and threats have multiplied. Pirates, North Africa, China Sea etc etc. Then there is still, the South Atlantic.

What do the beancounters do ?
Cancel the project.

They will regret that and the cancellation of the Ark Royal and Harriers.

Anyway, I was in this wine bar in the City of London a couple of years ago. Sitting behind me were two 'suits' gobbing off about their PR companies. What an empty bread-headed couple of awful noveau-yuppies they were. I turned and told them to shut it !
I think their names were Dave and George, or something like that.