PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this Fair?
Thread: Is this Fair?
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2011, 11:18
Biggus

Received 72 Likes on 33 Posts
As the OP is in the early stages of flying training no doubt (s)he is too young to have children of their own.

Most parents try to ensure that their children are treated fairly as they grow up. However, one of sad duties of a parent is to teach the child, when it is old enough to understand, that, much as we would wish it to be otherwise, THE WORLD IS NOT ACTUALLY A FAIR PLACE!

Perhaps the OPs parents did not pass this lesson on?

While I can sympathise with youngsters who have had their chosen career path "unfairly" taken away from them, which I agree they have, I only have a limited amount of sympathy to give, and I consider there are more deserving cases for my sympathy throughout this globe of ours....

By the way, if anyone cares to read post 76 on this thread

http://www.pprune.org/military-aircr...clogged-4.html

they will see the advice that I offered on this very subject some 2 months ago!

Best of luck to those being made redundant from flying training, but they are all young, healthy, intelligent and proactive. They will survive. Who knows, for some of them it might turn out to be better to have your dream taken away now than have it turn to dissolution once they experience the reality of much of the RAF of today. This experience was in some ways a foretaste of what you would have had to come...

Last edited by Biggus; 9th Mar 2011 at 11:29.