PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Olympic Airpsace Restrictions
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2011, 06:25
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Or is it just easier to bitch on an anonymous forum and expect someone else to sort it out?
I would not call it "bitching". It is a debate which (as one tends to discover perhaps years later) is read by hundreds more people than post on here, and some of those silent ones are in a position to do something.

It is also read by the CAA (definitely daily, and has been for years), the DfT and god knows who else.

It must be obvious that the purpose of the RA is to create a "known traffic" environment which enables an "intruder" from outside the RA to be intercepted in time. But some bits of it don't make sense e.g. the gliding restrictions, and the pinching of the N-S route to the east of the RA which is bound to create a very narrow tunnel through which a load of planes will be squeezing through, trying to follow the exact line on their GPS.

I agree with Beagle and I immediately t0ss out the sports supplement of any newspaper, but that is a purely personal preference and a lot of people do enjoy organised and televised sports It probably won't make any money overall; it's a bit like the EU which is just a massive gravy train which people ride while it has steam.

Also I think the flying schools should get together and take legal action for compensation for loss of business. They probably can.