PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Letter To Minister of Civil Aviation From Air India Pilots
Old 9th Mar 2011, 05:24
ankur.aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have quite a few friends (F/Os) in Air India and AI Express..... What i've gathered from most of them is that they enjoy flying with Expats....
I therefore agree with Captjns and OzAviator.... They dont mean harm to the Expats... just that they are worried about their own finances....
Just for facts... I'm flying for erstwhile Indian Airlines (now Air India)... we get paid by the hour.... and we fly as less as 50 hours a month (as compared to about 75 earlier)... flying allowances are dispensed at the end of the following month (i.e. flying allowances for FEB 2011 would be paid on 31st MAR 2011).... this in turn is regularly delayed by 1 to 3 weeks.... That does not happen to the Expats... this probably is the reason for their "remarks and letter writing"...

As far as the DGCA or the Ministry of Civil Aviation is concerned..... 'chaos and corruption' rule them just like any other Indian Govt undertaking.... SHAME..!