PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - spin, stall & first solo scary?
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2011, 00:10
ForkTailedDrKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Cessna 150/152 does very gentle stalls, except if put into a gentle right hand turn with partial power.
??

The C150 that I learnt to fly in (VH-DTE - its still around!) some 37 years ago would drop a wing big time if stalled with 20o flap and 1800 rpm. I still remember my intro to stalls - I couldn't really understand what all the fuss was about until I got to that one. I gave a very good crow call (FAAAAAAAARK!) as it fell out of the sky.

Its been a few years since I instructed in the Traumahawk but I seem to recall that it would also occassionally not play nicely.

The FTDK will do the same thing if provoked, but gives much more warning than I recall from the C150.

I think the BE35 is a very docile aeroplane, and you would have to have your brain in neutral to inadvertantly stall it, but someone must have decided that it wasn't docile enough cause later model BE36s have ugly looking wedge things attached to the outter leading edge of the wing to make them even more docile. Always seemed to me to be a very lazy way to solve a non-existant problem - and ruined the look of a beautiful aeroplane.

Dr