PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VIII
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2011, 22:00
JewelF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emirates on recruitment drive to hire 4,000 crew

Good News Guyz..

Emirates on recruitment drive to hire 4,000 crew

Emirates Airline, Dubai’s flagship carrier, plans to hire 4,000 cabin crew over the 2011/2012 financial year to keep pace with its rapid expansion, the airline said Tuesday.
The hiring spree will take Emirate’s total cabin crew to 16,000, the Arab world’s biggest airline said in an emailed statement.

Emirates, which was this week named the world’s third largest airline by capacity, has squeezed its western rivals with multibillion-dollar plane purchases and rapid network expansion in lucrative long-haul routes in Asia, Europe and North America.

The Dubai carrier has announced fresh routes into France, Switzerland and Denmark in the first quarter alone, with additional flight frequencies expected this year.

Emirates has an existing fleet of 151 planes with a further 200 on order, including 120 Airbus A380 superjumbos.

The state-backed airline said earlier this month it planned to raise ticket costs on certain routes as oil market speculation sent fuel costs soaring.

This is really really really good news for us who are attending ODs & ADs this year and next year. With the open spaces, alot of on-hold people are getting their GCs now and for us new people, we still have to be ready and prepared. Not because they're taking on 4000new CC means we're garanteed a spot as EK in one month gets thousands of applications.

But never the less, it means that alot more people are going to be hired than the average amount per year from 2010 and back. Fingers crossed people! Fingers crossed. My OD is on the 16th of April here in Trinidad. Wish me luck everyone! That i'll be joining Emirate's multi-cultural and international team in a few weeks.

Best wishes to all of us. May we all achieve success in life whether its with or without EK.