PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this Fair?
Thread: Is this Fair?
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2011, 21:12
NutLoose

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,253 Posts
I really feel for you all,

For what its worth, I got shafted too, I was at the time I was asked to sign on going for 22 which was offered, but was told by some WO clerk to go for 15 then extend, rules changed and I was screwed... heck I even put in a redress to see the AOC.........you have to see to believe the WO admin..... O/C admin... Staish cr+p and pressure to withdraw my application to see the AOC that was put on me...... (looks bad for the station and those running it)

It took me saying if it was refused / blocked I would walk onto the AOC's parade whilst it was in progress straight up to the guy and tell him why i was there......... got my time in front of him and still was not satisfied, so I told him I was redressing him as he was obviously not in a position to do anything, SWO and Co present nearly fainted.

I then got a letter saying reviewed etc but no, what really pissed me off was the fact i could not take it further and no one in authority had the balls to stand up and tell me to my face.

Do I still regret leaving at the time........... Yes
Did I leave at the right time?............ Yes
At the time Civi street were desperate for engineers and with my RAF career and a lot of self study I am fully licenced and C certed.

Ohhh how I feel for people now being dumped onto a market where fully licenced or type rated ATPL civilian pilots and engineers cannot find enployment, I know the feeling

Would I have taken the same actions again.................. YES
If I was still in and it was going to happen again as it is now.......... would I try to fight it. YES
If this is your dream then fight for it. if you don't you may find you regret not trying in your future life........ It is in your hands, no one elses, "rocking the boat in the RAF" counts for squat once out of those gates ,you only have one chance in life to fight for what you want, so choose wisely, based on your circumstances.... BTW it is illegal to give anyone a bad reference.

As to the civilianising of jobs etc...... you can be made redundant and that job cannot be filled within a set time scale ......... however a different job covering your post but slightly changed and under a different description can be filled

So Chief Bottlewasher

could become Glass bottle recycling and cleansing manager

sucks don't it.

Last edited by NutLoose; 8th Mar 2011 at 21:26.