PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Piper Tomahawk
Thread: Piper Tomahawk
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2011, 19:01
FlyingKiwi_73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly i must come clean as a staunch lover of the tommie.

Ihave flown the C152 (although not many hours) and I think they are excellent trainers over the cessna, docille enough for the starter, tricky enough in the landing (early stage students) to provide a challenge and to equip you for faster landing birds. 65 over the fence NO LESS!

Its roomy, it has ample panel room for a full fit, one of the trainers i flew had an ADF and a VOR NAVCOM. It has proper seats, great views (excellent for the circuit) loads of baggage room on the 30kg floor!, great for photo's and scenic flights with the significant other. its nearly viceless!

They are not, Unstable, Underpowered (certainly not the 125HP) prone to spinning, stalls etc, you would have to be dead not to notice your Alpha is getting a little high.

As for the fuel load + RHS guy, i'm not a small chap (not fat just typical kiwi large) and i flew with equally strapping chaps with 50 lt a side.
I performed landings and takeoffs very safely that the P-charts said were outside parameters. On a hot day with midling pressures you certianly gave it a bit more runway but 690M is more than enough! (shortest RWY where i trained) Just because the P-Chart says no, doesn't mean it can't be done and done safely... (Mr CAA)...

And don't look at the tail if it bothers you, yes it waggles but its designed too :-)