PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scoliosis, hay fever, pneumonia and emphysema
Old 8th Mar 2011, 16:27
puppytoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scoliosis, hay fever, pneumonia and emphysema

Hello! I really need someones advice...
I have already signed the contract with an airline and currently studying to become a stewardess, but since they hired me only few days before the studies started I haven't had time to pass all my medical tests... And since the studies are very intense I will only be able to go see the aviation doctor in a week.

So... Ive already gotten the illness, operation and fracture history from my doctor, where in the conclusion instead of writing "Partially healthy" as did the other doctors for my collegues she wrote "Scoliosis and hay fever". So this is where I start to worry - I don't suffer any back pain only my back is not perfectly straight, but really - who's is these days? Here somewhere I read something about the minimal degress of scoliosis? Mine has never been measured... And as for hay fever - if I take my daily pill during spring I have no negative effects at all...

Thats one question - is hay fever or scoliosis any problem?

Since I know that lung roentgen and nasal cavity roentgen will be required I already went to a professional and got those done (which turned out to be a waste because they didn't give me the lung X-ray itself, only the conclusion..) but now when I look at them I see that for my nasal cavity it is written that it is pneumatised, and about my chest x-ray the conclusion says "Chest organs are in age normal rate. Lung Emphysematosis."

My first thought was - well, they had to write that because to reduce the price of X-ray my doctor wrote that I need those done because I am currently suffering from bronchial asthma (which was lies, I had that when I was younger) and allergic rhinitis (which was also lies, I haven't even had any cold this winter), but if it is true - can I still get accepted as a CC?

Please, help me with your expirience or with what you know from your collegues and their health... or the if you know if these conclusions are a no-no in the aviation field?

Thank you!

P.S. after the empysema fright I haven't even smoked yet.