PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ec-120 or r44?
Thread: ec-120 or r44?
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2011, 16:14
victor papa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John R81, I would also like to see the figures. Yes the 120 like all EC models have the 12 yr or on some 9 yr but man you do very little up to that point. The 500hr/2yr is the big inspection but I was told by someone recently that the 500hr/2yr on his 120 cost him less than the 300hr on his R22 so yes? The 120 is not maintenance intensive and yes she desrves to at 12 year get a good airframe and flight control check and as for Turbomeca, if you look after your Arrius it will look after you with very little maintenance up until the 3000hr??? I think overhaul or the 15yr inspection. You do have 15yrs/3000hrs to save for it don't you? Don't look at just that, look at the overall period and the 120 is great! Also, she does have a big baggage compartment, take 5 people and quite a lot of fuel-just remember she is below 2 ton class and she was not designed to take all at once just because she can! She is the baby model-1 thing at a time! You will love her if you get to know her and that fenestron is sweet if you learn and understand it and fly accordingly-no rocket science!