PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alan Mann Helicopters (Nostalgia thread)
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2011, 12:18
vfr440

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G-UPVC

Aaah, the unlovely G-UPVC. The paint scheme was SO objectionable to the Agusta paint team that it took 3 factory visits, and several long-lunches to actually achieve the brilliant orange. Much discussion on this !!! My sales team ducked the aggro (fancy that) by going off with the Agusta sales team for mutual back-slapping and congratulations, leaving me in the firing line with the technical boys............... Some things never change.

When we got it back to Fairoaks it went throught the C of A validation, customising etc, flight testing and tart-up for delivery. TRC will remember the next part of this ver well. On the special day all of the Anglian windows hierarchy arrived for acceptance, including the chairman. As Ch Eng I failed (abysmally) to check the internal of the rear cabin, and particularly the double-glazed rear door windows. Someone, in an attempt at silliness and levity, had affixed a small Dymo label to each window inscribed "Double-glazing by Everest". Anglian CEO called our CEO (no sense of humour some chaps). I received a royal-interview. Again.

Bit like Klagenfurt really. Are you reading this S??

I'll be down at the local pub if anyone wants me.....VFR