PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes at Marham and Lossie
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2011, 09:25
glad rag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I've served on many squadron's with a long and glorious history, with battle honours and which have lost brave individuals and crews.

Sadly none of this really mattered if the boss or anyone else I worked for/with was a total to55er.

Nor did the camaraderie depend on historical events.

So, whilst I believe that celebrating past glories and honouring those who served and paid the ultimate sacrifice is a very worthy activity, I do not believe that those events took place because of the badge they wore on their sleeve or on the side of their aircraft. Rigga is (partially) right: a squadron really is only as good as the people working there at that point in time. 4th Mar 2011 11:20
Good summation. In my experience, the last years of the FG1 saw the workload massively increase, but the craik on the ground was the best I have ever experienced. More to that it was a brilliant mix of personalities [and some real misfits] that made it. Everyone pulled together and no one was willing to let the side down, driven by the respective shift FS's-real LEADERS.

Then there were the aircrew, now that WAS a diverse mix..............................