PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin ATR 72 crew.....?
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2011, 07:03
Hugh Jarse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Newsensation, I've had a read of the proposed EBA. I know your PC has worked hard coming to an agreement (considering they were dealing with essentially morons), but it's just more of the same........ For example, sign on at 0500 after an RDO? How much do they want to own you?

However, the biggest threat is those "transient" FO's being allowed to vote on a document that essentially won't be their problem after they do their 2 years of penal servitude and move to Mainline, you long-termers (and keepers of standards (regardless of what Dr. Evil and his dipstick mate Mini-Me may tell you) have no hope of showing the company a true reflection of what is truly felt about the document, when you're being white-anted by these blokes.

Mate, I know little of the ATR. From what I've read, it has lesser performance than the -4, (more like the -300). So if you're handling the -4 okay, the ATR should be a walk in the park from a conversion point of view.

The key is to get in on the ground floor, and apply for the job at Skywest.

Better still, apply for VB. You know enough people who have come here that have done alright.

All in all, VB is a non-toxic environment compared to working anywhere in the QF group.