PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Epson 750 Printer
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2002, 18:05
Hew Jampton

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Epson 750 Printer

OK, I'm a mug but it was only £10, I bought a second-hand Epson Stylus Photo 750 printer from somebody down the road. He said it was in working order and it came with the installation CDs and manual. Having installed the drivers etc on a PC, when the printer was switched on the light for the colour cartridge came on to indicate it was empty.

If it was only a case of buying a new cartridge it would be OK but there was also an error message on the PC screen that communication with the printer could not be achieved, check the cable etc. So we tried a second parallel cable (we knew both cables worked with other printers) and tried it on another PC (one was W98, one W Me). The printer internal self test page print didn't work either.

My query is whether this is all due to the cartridge being empty or if there is a second fault? Is the reported connection fault some sort of erroneous report because the cartridge is empty?

Thanks in advance for any comments (apart from "Don't buy second hand computer stuff"!)