PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - spin, stall & first solo scary?
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2011, 04:23
flyboy_nz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SPL -101, good luck with your training, you will enjoy the ride. Don't worry about motion sickness, you will get over it. I did within the first few hours. Always come prepared for your lessons, research the questions you have, put in the effort and you will be rewarded well for it.

Your first solo flight will be your most memorable flight. I can still remember each and every detail of mine even though I did mine 9 years ago. I did a go-around just so I could do another circuit.

Stalls are nothing to be scared of. The main thing is to get a feel for the aircraft and know when she is approaching the stall, so you don't let it get that far in the first place.

Spinning is a must. It is good fun, but the idea behind it is to make you a safer and more proficient pilot in handling of the aircraft. And remember, it is not a developed spin, unless you have done two full turns. I have seen instructors teach their students 'spinning' by showing a wing drop and recovering it

Some days, you will do well, some days you will just feel like jumping out or killing your instructor, all part of the learning experience. When you will get your licence it will all be worth it.