PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cleveland Police go it alone!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2011, 00:37
wright123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 a/c 15mins apart and they are sacking 230 cops!

Degrade, Your new here, we all know what its like at Sleepy Hollow, there have been more than 40 drivers through the doors over the years as well as probably a smaller amount of observers for various reasons including Tenure, and most have left of their own accord, granted some were pushed. Didnt PAS start bonding due to it? Props doesnt make it up and he tells me he's too old to be bitter, ask anyone who has worked there, or maybe they dont want to talk about the experience. Just because we are questioning the cost of the current operation doesnt mean we are anti-rotary?

The best value team from Northumbria Police didnt make come to the conclusion that 1 a/c could easily cover the southern Cleveland area over a cuppa. It was looked at closely pver a few months, but rejected by Councillor McLuckie at the meeting between Cleveland and Northumbria, whose officers walked out infront of the waiting press.

Once someone higher up realises that the new Northumbria a/c can easily cover the small county further south the better, and Cleveland Police might not be sacking 230 experienced cops which they are in the process of if they sorted their resources out better. Lets face it, its only 15mins travelling time to Cleveland from Newcastle. Move the new G-CPAS somewhere were it is needed down south, its got to be busier.

As for me being anti rotary-I dont think so but thanks for fishing. Its all about using what little money there is better. Isnt that what NPAS is all about? Use the Northumbria a/c as cover which is what the old consortium bosses suggested, and save the 230 troops on the ground who are currently being sacked in Cleveland. I pity those guys with a family and mortgage