PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Fadec Fault
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2011, 19:19
reubenjosephdsouza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Fadec Fault

each fadec is made up of 2 channels (a) and (b) , both do the same job.

at a given point of time only i ch is active and the other is stby.

if u have a fadec fault - then both ch or the same fadec have failed due to some event.

NOW The Eng Page will show no data , may be amber xxx /erounous data, the only ways is to check wth supporting pages on other system , bt generally since the fadec is the only link between man v/s machine(aircraft -airframe and engines) we have lost most of the interaction between the eng and supportng system , hence resulting in an engine failure not due to eng problems(STALL/SUGRE orthe engine dropping off the wing!) but due to a dual ch.FADEC fault..hence the eng chekclist calls for checking parameters and then shutting down of the eninge assuming an engine failure.

some causes of engine failure may include:

• Engine Flame out /LOSS OF FUEL TO ENG
• Engine Fire/---PHYSICAL ENG DAMAGE DUE TO FIRE
• FADEC Fault ----LOSS OF BOTH FADEC CHANNELS
• Fuel Control Unit Failure/ NUTTIN TO FONTROL FF TO ENG
• Over limit /REV UP THE ENG TO ITS MAX OVER SHOOT LIMIT AND GET THINGS FRIED INSIDE

• REV Unlocked
• Engine Stall
• Engine Damage

AS mantioned by IFIXPLANES, the fadec is not one computer it is an entire system b its slef that is made up of various small computers controlled and monitored by the fadec channels working together for engine monitoring and performance optimization and hence failure of any one /set of component may lead to engine failure and call for an engine shutdown or and auto shutdown.

wellthis is jus my little understanding of this fault, ..may be there is much more to know about it..but neways this is way i can think of ..open to more data always ....

happy landings!
r.