PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What would you do?
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2011, 11:19
BoeingDreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think it is the worst period now, there are companies hiring now.

And to be honest, hate, loathe it, Ryan Air is a good way into the business. Just take it step by step, and try to keep your current job on the way, it will help.

Make sure you have enough more to pay for TypeRating after, but that is getting ahead of yourself. 80% of people who start doing PPL never go on to do the rest.

It is not about your friends by the way being good, you will be the "bad friend" with no time for them, this is the only way you will ever be able to keep your girlfriend, as it will just be time left for her and the flying, not much else for as long as the ATPL's take, for sure!

You will find some good and some stupid advice on these boards, most of all it is up to yourself.
I would still say, if you have no flight experience so far, I would not think further then PPL and hour building, I have heard of guys doing PPL, and some hours after, and never return to flying because they did not enjoy it as much as they thought they would, or they found it damn scary. Try before you buy it all!