PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2011, 09:11
west lakes
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But doesn't the 90 day take it or leave still fail to address the problems.

As said given the choice of unemployment or taking it if everyone takes it BA will still have the diehards on staff who will be waiting to cause problems in the future! In reality, I guess, there will never be any appeasement with some of the CC until they leave BA's employ at some point in the future.

Bealine

I still think that if the "rank and file" BASSA members had been kept fully "in the loop" that very few would have heeded the union's clarion call and very few would have lost their staff travel
Before BA could do this they would have needed (still need in my view) to get into a position where staff actually take any account of communications from BA. As related a number of times previously, there are a significant number of staff who do not read or listen to anything BA has to tell them. Their only source of credible information, to their minds, is the union.

I am reminded of a recent discussion with a good friend.
On airport standby recently a member of main crew (aged in her late teens/early twenties) commented she was bored. The suggestion was made to go and seek out duty managers and others and introduce herself to them, find out what they did etc. This was met with horror and a comment that she wanted nothing to do with any manager!
This was not a militant, but there seems to be this huge divide that BA needs to address (of course also the question of where it comes from - I have seen comments last year pointing at the training system being responsible)
I would suggest that this is one of BA's biggest challenges