PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apples in Air India cockpit put 100 lives in danger
Old 7th Mar 2011, 07:06
A69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by emb145gearslinger
I don't get why 3rd world countries are so eager to hire inexperienced useless pilots from their own country versus much more qualified foreign pilots. I guess they think people want to see their brown faces up front. I have flown with many Indian pilots. Most of them are pretty worthless. 99% of them are in love with the fantasy of being a pilot instead of being a good pilot. I watched as so many of them came to the U.S and wasted their parents money as they partied instead of studying. News flash Apu, it shouldn't take 1 1/2 years to do a CPL if you are a full time student. It should be 6 months or 1 year if you are really stupid.

I am shocked it is not raining aluminum more often in India.
I agree with some of it, but let me tell you about the rest...

Oh we do have some of you white faces working for airlines in India. I'm sorry you couldn't make the cut? Guess you are not experienced enough

First of all, you need to stop the racial slur. Stop talking **** about people from other countries. Doing that you are only stereotyping yourself.

Looking at the rest of your post, it is obvious that you must be an instructor. So when you say you have flown with many Indian pilots, i assume you were the instructor. And what an ideal one you are, saying that they are worthless.
Sure there are some who do not have the aptitude to be a pilot at all and yet take up flying. But that does not mean you generalize and make broad statements.

About the fantasy of being a pilot, tell me one thing...
Did you as a student had that fantasy or not?

Coming to the US, yes i agree it's something we students are excited about. Having your friends along, staying together is fun. HELL YEAH we partied! Something bothering you friend? We spent OUR father's money not yours.

Regarding your comments on time taken to complete CPL, you should know it really depends from person to person and from school to school plus various other factors.
Many students did complete their CPL within normal time frames. A few in fact got done in less than 6 months. Those over-partying people might have brought it upon themselves for their delayed training period but there are a LOT more sincere ones who suffered because of the economic meltdown worldwide and especially in US. If the economy of your country goes haywire, shutting down schools, causing students to go homeless, having thousands of dollars of money robbed off of them, leaving them helpless...what else do you expect?

So NEWS FLASH JOE
Airlines here are hiring. Assuming your experience you should apply. Who knows you might end up working for a "3rd world airline" someday.

and here something you should check when you say about the aluminum rain. "experienced foreign pilot"
Mangalore air crash: No distress signal from pilot before crash, say sources

According to the enquiry report submitted by Civil Aviation Ministry, Govt. of India it has been claimed that the pilot Captain Zlatko Glusica slept for over 90 minutes during the flight. The Air India Express IC 812 Boeing 737-800 carrying 166 people, including the crew, from Dubai crashed while negotiating the tricky landing at Mangalore city's "table-top" airport overlooking a ravine. The American National Transportation Safety Board says it is the first instance of snoring recorded on a Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR)
over

Last edited by A69; 7th Mar 2011 at 07:28.