PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My predicament.
Thread: My predicament.
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2011, 05:16
tom88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My predicament.

After much thought about whether to post on my issue, I have decided to give it a go and hope for some positive feedback. I am relatively confident that there are some PPRuNe punters out there that have been through, or are currently going through similar, soul destroying hard times.
I am a Pilot with 1550hrs 350MEC.
One year ago I resigned from an employer (piston charter company) due to irreconcilable differences. As a result of this I began looking around for other work immediately. This was to no avail. The only positions available required all ATPL subjects to be completed. So off I went into a hole for a good six months and got through all of the subjects. Once I had them all completed, the job positions I were working so hard towards were no longer.
I have since contacted almost every company I can think of in hope of employment. It seems nobody wants to touch the bloke who hasn 't flown for a while. I am absolutely sick and tired of being ignored. To make matters worse, my MECIR has just expired and I am in a less than favourable financial position to go and have it renewed at my own expense.
I am currently waiting on a start date with an operator but I am not holding my breath as I had the interview some time ago.
I consider myself a hard working, passionate, enthusiastic and loyal chap who has an awful lot to offer.
Surely there has to be a gig out there for me somewhere. I found it easier finding my first job at 200hrs.
The frustration is nothing short of mentally crippling.
Anyone?.........................................Anyone?