PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Now Lion Air wants to make money out of jobless pilots from India
Old 7th Mar 2011, 04:18
b.737.ng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meet MSD

On Friday I went to MSD Aviation office in Mahipalpur...Their office is on second floor on NH-08 where there are many hotels..

I asked them to give me details on what basis they are charging us 25L for this course..

The guy Kasana told me that this prog will give TR 737NG...Rating endorsement on our license..base training..and Indonesian License..

He said to get base training i.e touch and go a 737 Aircraft ,they need to arrange a 737NG aircraft for a max of 2 trainee pilots with an instructor at one time...He said for this flight the insurance of Aircraft and pilots is very high as its a trainee flight..he also added that this fam flight and touch and go flight would be of 1 hour duration..

He explained the process of getting Indonesian license..We would have to fly some 15 hours with instructors in Indonesia on a SE aircraft for which MSD is paying..This was written in contract that MSD is paying for all this..He said that lion air used to give validation to expat pilots which is valid for max of 2 years...But as this contract is for 3 years so we need to have Indonesian license...

In the contract its written that if after singing the contract and we are not given a job...MSD is liable to pay us salaries for next 36 months...which gives a relief that something is good..

Kasana said that Kush has already resigned from lion air and is already serving his notice period..He joined some airlines in India...

As b.777.200 said..its very important to know about the background of the directors...What we would be spending is something very big...we just cant give 25L to anyone like this...

I emailed CAE...I got a response from a someone named Gomez.She said right now they are only hiring EU nationals for Lion Air prog.For Indian they only have IndiGo prog..

I would suggest to meet these guys of MSD and see the contract..I think most of us over here havnt seen the contract and we are just saying on what we know about the two guys..

I agree with flyforwings that what we need to care is we get what they are claiming to give us.

I just hope all this is not fake...If this prog is genuine and not fake I think its not a bad deal for guys who have money and need to get hours..I think this prog is mix of CAE and eagle jet prog..

If there is anyone else have been to their office and can shed more light on the contract please post..