PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 7th Mar 2011, 01:51
Capt Krunch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buns

Ok, first of all, does everyone that has a job have 'fun' ? I'm sure all the expat pilots at KAL, CAL and the like are skipping whistling and dancing to work.. This is a JOB mate nothing more nothing less. Play with the train set the way they want it played with and go home. In the end, all the aircraft are new, destination base is vast and growing, the money is easily 100 fold more than i made at the beginning of my career, not to mention that I love to fly and i get plenty of that as well, to be honest i do enjoy my profession, there is no one who can take that away from me.
Yes the airline has it's unique ways as does EK and EY. wake up man, this is the Middle East and thats what you get. I dont agree with some of it and neither do the rest, but stomping your feet and throwing your toys out of the crib all night long will not solve your own personal problems either mate.

Jump into your aircraft, complete your commercial task like a professional and collect your money for it. When something better comes along, then jump at it. That IS the way it is. The values and working conditions that you will find in other parts of the globe differ from this part, so best you get used to that idea and get on with it like the rest.