PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is SO important ?
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2011, 22:28
Load Toad

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Nowadays when I get on a 'plane I try to get myself sat by a window. As soon as I get on I try to shut my eyes, lean against the side of the 'plane and at least act asleep. Certainly I try to ignore the other passengers because for sure many will be doing things that contradict the requests made by cabin crew, show no respect for fellow passengers or will do something that just gets on my goat (one thing that does my head in is people talking loudly on their handphones well after the request has gone out to switch the damn things off).
Apparently empathy and respect for others are not fashionable nor applicable anymore.

I like being out of contact for a few hours and an extra minute or two at the end of a flight without mobile communication is to me a glorious bonus that should be advertised as a plus point of air travel.

'I'm really very sorry I could not respond to your tedious, self-important and inane message of little urgency or importance earlier but I was unfortunately stuck on an aeroplane...'