PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Junior BA 737 roster Gatwick & A320 roster Heathrow
Old 6th Mar 2011, 21:59
StudentInDebt

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
767 Roster when junior.

Hardly any day trips, mostly the shorter longhaul trips over weekends and a few days of days when they can assign other stuff to you...
I'm junior on the 767 and this month achieved a bid for a line with 6 day trips, 1 2 day SH trip, 2 3 day LH trips (night TLV is effectively 2 days though) and 1 4 day LH trip. I've not done a blindline (which is what is being described above) since 2008 and I bid for it. I tend to avoid day trips as a rule but tried bidding for weekends off in March, I got 12 days off including 4 weekend days off. Next month, by choice, I'm working every weekend with 1 Sunday off and one of the bank holidays but have effectively extended my leave by 2 days with a total of 14 days off.

I used to work for Britannia/Thompsonfly and even though after 3 years I'm still in the bottom 3rd of the 767 FOs I have much more control over my life than I ever did with random rostering, contactables and the guaranteed days off.

If the trips on the 767 for the least senior guys are the short tours, how many days off do you get after a tour.
There aren't any short-haul tours at the moment on the 767 as far as I know but I haven't looked into it, time off after a short-haul trip is minimum rest, you can opt to reduce time off after a long-haul trip to a local night but it's usually 2-3 days. Because bidline is a 2 pass system the permutations are such that there is no typical roster, being junior you will have to compromise on days off/trip destinations etc at some point though.

Last edited by StudentInDebt; 6th Mar 2011 at 22:11.